E-commerce or online trade is the action of selling or buying a product or a service on the internet. In other words, it's a trade facilitated by electronic payments.
The universe of the e-commerce is very vast. We can classify them in two forms: a first form based on the commercial profile according to which we have seller and buyer. More clearly it's the electronic commerce either B2B (Business-to-Business), B2C (Business-to-Consumer), C2B (Consumer-to-Business) and the C2C (Consumer-to-Consumer). And a second form based on the business model, such as the online store with its own products, dropshipping, e-commerce Affiliation, e-commerce Membership, Marketplace, Services.
No matter what type of e-commerce you do, you need to think about optimizing your sites in order to increase your sales in record time. Here's five tips to help you!
1. Pay close attention to your SEO
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) or natural referencing is the set of techniques applied to bring qualified traffic to your website and improve your positioning in search engines. Who speaks of visibility, necessarily speaks of traffic! So you need to create more and more interesting content in order to appear regularly on the web when users are looking for a product or service that you sell. This will give an increased visibility to your e-commerce site.
- SEO optimization of an e-commerce website differs a bit from that of ordinary websites. Here you need to:
- Add structured content to your homepage while :
- Presenting your store with static content
- Updating your homepage regularly
- Avoiding mega-menus
- Not multiplying your external links
- Filling your meta tags
- Optimize your product category pages by :
- Structuring the Hn of your "product category" page
- Paying attention to faceted navigation
- Integrating pagination tags
- Add content to your product sheets.
- Focus your efforts on high potential pages by :
- Identify pages with high SEO potential
Work on your high revenue or high margin pages
- Work on keywords by creating sub-categories
- Consider the traffic of the PageRank of the site
- Do internal linking
- Doing netlinking
2. Make your customers' experience simple and enjoyable
There are thousands of e-commerce stores today. That's why it's important to have a user friendly and intuitive website. To influence your customers first, you must take into account the quality of the product. This is the first important point to keep your buyers. To offer a pleasant customer relationship, you must ensure :
- An authentic presentation of your products
- Speed and quality of delivery
- The follow-up of the order
- The reactivity of the customer service
Then think about creating an engagement with your customers through social medias and sending newsletters.
3. Optimize your product pages
Your product description should be short and easy to read. The page should highlight the product and your brand. So, put all the necessary information on your product sheets and pages so that users don't go elsewhere, without forgetting to add beautiful photos.
Optimize the content of your product page by keyword. Use a clear structure, headers and bullets to improve readability.
4. Add a chatbot to allow your users to get answers quickly
A chatbot allows your users to get instant answers. Nevertheless, conversational automatons are nowadays sophisticated. Some of them are equipped with a machine learning system. This allows them to learn from conversations with users.
Chatbots work in various ways. It reacts to the user's voice or when the user types something on the keyboard. Whether it is text or voice, this tool decrypts the requested keyword to answer it.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
5. Don't neglect the mobile version of your website
Today, the majority of Internet users access the website on their mobile. They easily connect to the internet even while on the move.
Having a mobile version of your website is an important aspect of SEO. It's therefore essential, with the current dynamics of digital, to pay as much attention to the mobile version of the website.
The optimization of an e-commerce site plays an important role in its growth process. It helps to improve the shopping experience through its loading speed and customer loyalty. To succeed in optimizing your e-commerce site, make sure to pay attention to SEO, make the customer experience pleasant, optimize your product pages, add a chatbot without forgetting the responsive mode of the site.
If you plan to launch an e-commerce store, 8P Design will take care of the implementation and optimization of the site.