Job opportunity in Montreal
Web developer - Wordpress / WooCommerce
Hey! :) 8P is looking for a dynamic person with good development and integration experience with WordPress and WooCommerce to maintain and develop web projects and work in collaboration with the other members of our team.
- WordPress and WooCommerce - Maintenance and development
- WordPress website development with and without WooCommerce
- Creation of custom themes and use of commercial themes.
- CSS desktop and mobile integration from mockups.
- Maintenance of our clients' sites
- Performance optimization, cache management - Analysis of logs, resources and site optimization at both front end and back end.
- Management of updates, debug etc.
- Manage support tickets for plugins
- Integration and adjustment of CSS etc
- Content integration
- No knowledge of "Drupal programming" required. Although this is an asset! :)
- Write light and well commented code, modular and based on W3C.
- Perform MySQL queries.
- Integrate and update content on sites already produced.
- Perform quality controls and acceptance testing. Ensure the proper functioning of his work as well as the compatibility on the supported platforms
- Graphic integration and codes for mailing - HTML / CSS
- Participate in Zoning / Wireframes according to the criteria of the project.
- Communication management and internal documentation
- 2+ years of experience in web programming and WordPress and WooCommerce integration
- 5+ projects made with WordPress (with and without theme)
- Several integrated responsive design sites must have been developed independently
Technical skills required
- Excellent understanding of WordPress AND WooCommerce
- Very comfortable with the Chrome console / Developer tools.
- Good knowledge of responsive mode, breakpoints and Media queries
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop & Illustrator
- A good French and a good English.
- Good knowledge of GIT, SSH.
- Experience with Google APIs (GTM, Analytics, Commerce)
- Ajax & JSON
- Basic SEO knowledge
- Knowledge of Mailchimp integrations
- Basic understanding of Drupal / Knowledge of Twig an asset - But not essential.
- Good creative sense
- Autonomy, Rigor and attention to detail
- Team spirit and dynamism
- Good ability to assess time and see potential issues in advance
- Team spirit and good written and oral communication
- Able to work on multiple projects at the same time and organize his time. Ability to work with tight deadlines
- Sense of organization and desire to participate in the improvement of internal processes
What we offer
- A cool and stimulating environment.
- Projects full of challenges! :)
- A dynamic multidisciplinary team
- A permanent job
- And a competitive salary!
- Salary: To be discussed. According to experience and assets
- Number of hours per week: 35h per week / flex
- Status: Permanent job
- Expected start date: immediately
- IMPORTANT COVID NOTE: Currently the whole team is telecommuting. We collaborate on Zoom, DropBox, Google Drive and several other internal tools. Trust is in order and it is everyone's responsibility to do their job properly and on time. One day soon, we'll be heading back to the office to hug! Welllll, if you want some! :)
5800 St-Denis Suite 232
In front of the Rosemont metro station – Bixi station near the offices, cafes, restaurants, gym in the building.